Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gone Camping!

I have been neglecting my blog! I had a very busy weekend and started this week off by going camping with my dearest friend and our two horses. I had the time of my life and am really looking forward to sharing it with you all. I have always dreamed of riding the open range of the Interior of British Columbia but could never have anticipated how spiritually fulfilling the experience would be. We rode through Canada's largest cattle ranch, the Douglas Lake Cattle Company and were able to get up close and personal with some of their beautiful Black Baldie steer. We covered miles of roads, trails and open range as we shared stories and absorbed the grandeur of our surroundings. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to see my dreams become reality and to have such a great friend.

When I rescued my old ranch gelding last year I promised him that one day I would take him home to the range. Yesterday, I was able to make good on that vow. He paid me back by giving me one of the best rides I have ever had. While getting him to and from the camp grounds was not without event, he was amazing on the trail. I have never ridden a horse so sure footed, confident and happy to work. As he should be, it is what he was bred, born and raised to do!

More tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time and returned safe, was wondering what you were up to!

    Can't wait to hear about your fun time!

    ReplyDelete